Saturday 6 September 2014

Catch up


I've really tried getting out and about in the last few days to catch the last bits of the English sun. I went on a bike ride to central London with a friend (which took far longer than expected) and had a picnic in Hyde Park, which was so nice. I love the fact that people have created small spaces of peace and beauty in the middle of a loud and chaotic city. It is so calming to just sit in the park and watch other people getting on with their lives (I hope that doesn't sound too creepy...).


I've also visited Hampton Court palace, which was just as beautiful. You would think palaces are only for older people, but I really enjoyed the rose garden there and I think it is the perfect place to spend some time with your partner. It is very romantic ;)


Hampton Court palace
the vegetable garden there - kinda cool right?


In two days my new school starts and I can just tell you it is nerve-racking. Going to a school where you literally don't know one single person is very scary, but it is also a great opportunity for a fresh start. Getting to know different people, making new experiences and so on. All of that is so important in life, we only learn by doing stuff we've never done before. Stepping out of your comfort zone is the best way to find out what really makes you happy and who you really are. In the beginning you might regret having thrown yourself out there, you feel vulnerable and lonely, but I promise as soon as you get more comfortable and used to the situation, you will begin to realise that it was worth it. The people you meet, the lessons (not just school ones) you learn and especially the fact that you grow stronger as a person is really worth the hard start. So for everyone who is in the same situation as I am and is regretting it already - give it some time! It takes time to get comfortable with the unknown but it is often worth it!

I hope this helped you guys. I wish everyone the best of luck in the next few weeks, the beginning of September is always hard as it means going back to everyday life after a long period of summer holidays.
Don't give up and remember to stay strong. I know you can do it.
Sending hugs out to everyone reading this!






No comments:

Post a Comment