Wednesday 22 July 2015

healthy living | Easy Vegetable Risotto!

My family has decided to go off to Germany, however I sadly had to stay home due to still not having finished college. Yep, while there were already 'back to school' videos appearing on youtube, I hadn't even broken up.Still, I was excited to try out new healthy meals while having the house to myself, but the fact that I couldn't find Quinoa anywhere meant I had to use Plan B. So Risotto it was. Not that I was mad about that, as it is actually one of my favourite meals. Easy, delicious and healthy.



Ingredients:
  • 300g Risotto Rice
  • 1 Vegetable Stock
  • 500g Water
  • 1 red pepper
  • 2 tomatoes
  • a handful mushrooms
  • 1 clove of Garlic
  • Cooking oil
--> serves about 3 people

Bring the water to a boil and add the vegetable stock in a pot. While you wait for the vegetable stock to fully mix with the water, finely chop your garlic. Add some oil to a large pan and slightly roast the garlic. Once the vegetable stock is fully dissolved, add the rice to the pot.  

 

Add all your veggies to the pan and cook them until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid. This should take about 15-20 minutes. Keep stirring your veggies so they don't burn.

Once the rice has absorbed the liquid, add it to the pan and mix everything together. Continue cooking it for a few more minutes on low heat and voila - you have your delicious vegetable risotto. It is honestly so so easy. Present as you please and enjoy!

P.S. I'm sorry the picture quality isn't up to scratch, my camera was steamed up without me noticing.

Have a fantastic summer! How are you going to spend it?

Please follow me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment