Monday 12 October 2015

5 FUN WAYS TO STAY FIT

For me exercise is not about losing weight but maintaining a healthy lifestyle and staying fit. Moreover it helps me feel more balanced and reduce my stress levels. However I don't always feel like going on a run or to the gym (okay I never feel like doing that), especially now as it is getting chilly outside. So here are my ways to stay fit and actually enjoy doing so.



1) DANCE
I love dancing. It works out your entire body without you realising as you're just jamming to music. Whether you do this in your bedroom for half an hour or join an actual dance group doesn't matter. Let the music guide you and I promise you won't even feel like you're working out.

2) CYCLE EVERYWHERE
This is the easiest way to fit in your daily exercise. Instead of taking the bus to school or work, try cycling. It gets you outside and going without taking extra time out of your daily routine as you go places you actually need to go. You could also try just doing it for fun in e.g. a park and listen to music while enjoying the view around you.

3) SIGN UP FOR CLASSES/ A CLUB
Everyone has a sport or way of exercising they really enjoy. If you don't, you just haven't found it yet. Don't give up and try out a lot of new things that you think you might enjoy. I tried archery, fencing, tennis and aerobics and actually enjoyed all of them. I also want to join a cheerleading team when I have more time. Joining a class or club will ensure you don't chicken out of doing the exercise while at the same time it is becoming something you look forward to. Make sure you go to group classes as that way you will also get to know new people which will give you even more motivation not to give up ;)

4) ROLLER SKATING
Omg, I can't even tell you how much fun roller skating is. Grab your bestie, put on those skates and get moving. You can have a chat while enjoying the nature and working out your body. What more could you want?

5) CHANGE IT UP
Don't get stuck with just one workout routine. Changing up your exercises will make sure you work all kinds of muscles and don't get sick of working out. Also make sure you do it for the right reasons. Never exercise just to loose weight as it will certainly stop you from actually enjoying it. Work out because it makes you feel awesome and empowered - you will quickly see your body transforming and have a more positive outlook on life. After all, exercise can seriously reduce your risk of major illnesses, so what do you have to lose?


So now turn off your computer/phone and get yourself up and moving :D Oh but first tell me YOUR favourite way to exercise! I am always looking for new inspiration on how to stay active. Have fun!

Social media links:

No comments:

Post a Comment